1. Do your home work first and make sure you have understood if they have any hidden costs. Some companies have call out charges after the initial 12 month contract term.
2. Do not get tied into long term contracts. some vehicle tracking companies will try to get you to commit to 36 month contracts.
3. Does the software do all you need. Can the company customize it to your own business needs. Do the reports get delivered automatically. What you may find is after a certain period if you have to keep logging on to the system you will get bored and the system will not get used. By automating the reports this will keep the system in the staff minds.
4. How often does the tracking software update. Most companies should offer at least 30 second updates.
5. Check if they offer a rental option. A lot of vehicle tracking companies including Trackmatic now offer rental and purchase options so no large upfront costs and it gives you a chance to trial the system.
6. Is it free support. Try also to bargain as often like Trackmatic they give 3 months FREE tracking.
7. Shop around and have a demo of the software.
8. Is it lifetime warranty
9. Do your homework
10. Finally look on all the major search engines for the best deal below we have listed in order the cheapest to the most expensive in terms of package
Tracking companies ranked in top 10