Corporate houses or small businesses involved in the transport and travel business face regular losses of their assets – in terms of vehicles, time, fuel and more. In the new modern era of technological advancements, these losses need not be too traumatic or huge. One such technology is the GPS tracking services which uses the satellite positioning systems to give real-time updates on the vehicle which can further increase its safety and operational value. Here are the reasons why these are a must have
1. Know the last location of your vehicle – If any one of your assets gets stolen, then knowing the last location is the best bet to get it back. Police and other authorities can use the tracking device to know the exact location, go there and retrieve the vehicle.
2. Keep track of fuel consumption and driver routes – Apart from sharing the location of the asset, these tracking devices can also be used to know the vehicle speed, consumption of diesel or fuel and also to know the routes drivers are taking to reach their location. This way drivers will not take unnecessary stops or longer routes to reach pre-decided destinations.
3. Improve the efficiency of services to customers – Since the GPS navigation system will guide drivers on the best and shortest routes to reach a destination, the efficiency of operations will naturally improve. Supervisors can use the system to know which assets are unable to reach a destination and guide another asset to complete tasks.
4. Automate work management – Most of the tracking devices work automatically and remotely. Some of them do not even require you to have Internet, but if you want to track real-time asset usage, a smartphone or tablet or laptop with an internet connection is recommended.
5. Can be used for all asset types – The best thing about GPS tracking systems is that they can be used for all types of vehicles from sedans and luxury cars to boats, buses, trucks, haulers and more. Hence, if you have a business using any of the above vehicles, then the asset can be traced and tracked without any difficulty.
6. Use data collected for analysis – Deep dive into the data collected to know the performance of your assets. This analysis can be used to know customer behaviour, challenges faced by drivers and more. These can be used to make policy and process changes in the long run.